[VServer] index file size

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Sat Jan 17 16:08:48 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

after 1 day of intensive testing with 3-5 clients, I noticed that my
index file has grown to 4.2 GB (!).
My DB file has 12 tables and is about 9 MB.

This is: VServer_NT, 2.0a55, Kernel 1.10 running on Windows XP.
For testing purposes the server has been run as an executable from
the console window.
It has been stopped and restarted a couple of times and we have also
tested for timeouts and server side disconnects.

Another difference between the tests we did some days ago is that at
the moment all read accesses use kReadWrite = 1 instead of kReadWrite
= 2. We have used and are using all server side cursors.

Is this a possible bug or can it be related to the server running as
an exec or the non-locked cursors?
Is there any known error which can make an index file grow through the roof?

Erich