[V4MD] Errors 351 and 363

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 16 09:46:16 CST 2004

on 1/16/04 2:26 AM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

Hi Erich,

> I have a couple of questions.
>
> Two or more clients are reading from the same table with server side
> cursors and read permission (kreadWrite = 2)
> One of them tries to write to a record which is selected by one of
> the other clients cursors.
> He creates a new cursor with readWrite permission (kreadWrite = 3).
> The record is locked (error 363) for writing, why?
> Shouldn't it be possible to get a write permission even if another
> client is reading?

You have answer this self.

> When this happens, we sometimes also get error 351 (varChar field corrupted).

> I have diagnosed the server database with Valentina app a couple of
> times but found no errors.

You stop server, and diagnose YOUR database, AND masterdb ?

And no problems? Hmm.
Strange.

> I am flushing the database after each write access since in real
> world environment there will not be too many of them. It seems that
> the 351 errors occur more often when a second write access follows a
> flush().
>
> My database has a structure encryption.
>
> What's wrong?

Even don't know.

1) is it possible for you to make database without encryption, and play some
time with it?

2) we talk about client/server, yes?

3) try to find the way to reproduce, please

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com