[V4MD] Errors 351 and 363

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Fri Jan 16 01:26:26 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I have a couple of questions.

Two or more clients are reading from the same table with server side
cursors and read permission (kreadWrite = 2)
One of them tries to write to a record which is selected by one of
the other clients cursors.
He creates a new cursor with readWrite permission (kreadWrite = 3).
The record is locked (error 363) for writing, why?
Shouldn't it be possible to get a write permission even if another
client is reading?

When this happens, we sometimes also get error 351 (varChar field corrupted).
I have diagnosed the server database with Valentina app a couple of
times but found no errors.
I am flushing the database after each write access since in real
world environment there will not be too many of them. It seems that
the 351 errors occur more often when a second write access follows a
flush().

My database has a structure encryption.

What's wrong?

Erich