Database corruption

jda jda at his.com
Thu Jan 15 09:23:09 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I have a user who reproducibly gets a corrupted database with time.
He restores an original, and over time it grows and becomes corrupted.

Luckily, he has sent me a copy of the db just prior to its becoming
corrupted, and a copy that is corrupted (meaning, can't be opened).

I've run diagnose on them, and found that the "pre-corrupt" version
has this problem

-----> Field: "gDocumentPaths' of type Text
Problems found!

(!) Minor problem: exists 762 orphan segments.(indicate mistake in algorithm.)

The corrupt version won't open in VStudio, and gives

Valentina error = -35

The gDocumentPaths Text field contains text mixed with zeros. Yes, I
know now it shouldn't, but not when it was designed 2 years ago. You
later said this shouldn't be done, but shouldn't cause any problems.

Any idea of what's going on? Would sending you these databases help?

Thanks,

Jon