Retrieving non-string values

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Wed Jan 14 12:38:38 CST 2004

I don't know why I continue to be confused by this topic; it doesn't seem
like it should be difficult.

I have a table with a variable in it named Vsize, and it's defined as a
vuShort. In my RB program, I'm having trouble moving it to a variable
dimensioned as an integer.

I know that if my variable were a string, I could use
    VSize = my_cursor.field("VSize").getstring
>From what I read, it seems like I need to do
    VSize = vushort(my_cursor.field("VSize"))  but that gives me a Type
Mismatch error (perhaps because I'm trying to move a vushort to an
integer?).

Any advice on this one?
chuck

Chuck Hinkle [INTJ]

"Perception is usually more persuasive than reality"