Bug in latest V4RB

Deane Venske deane.venske at eduss.com
Tue Jan 13 16:24:35 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan & Team,

I found a pretty horrible bug in Valentina today, I'm running a query :
"UPDATE class SET name = 'class1' WHERE classID = 1"
I made a typo though and this is what I put in
"UPDATE class SET name = 'class1' WHERE classOD = 1"

Instead of failing and reporting an error that the field does not exist,
this query updated every record in the table, overwriting alot of data.

Best Regards,
--
Deane Venske - Senior Programmer
www.eduss.com.au   deane.venske at eduss.com
+61 7 55974600  +61 405148718
Suite 29,  207 Currumburra Rd
Ashmore, Queensland, 4214
Australia

Notice
This message and any files transmitted may contain privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the addressee
or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify Eduss Limited immediately by return email or telephone 07 5597 4600
(International +61 7 55974600) and delete all copies of this message with
any attachments.  Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited.
Eduss Limited, disclaims liability for any loss, damage or expense however
caused, arising from the sending, receipt, or use of this email and on any
reliance placed upon the information provided through this service and
does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information. Eduss
does not represent or warrant the attached files are free from computer
viruses or other defects.  The attached files are provided, and may only
be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any
loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from use.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the original sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Eduss
Limited.