Valentina SQL: INSERT and binding

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 10:09:22 CST 2004

In the ValentinaSQL doc it mentions using the INSERT
(and other) statements with binding.  I would like to
do this, but am not quite sure how it works.  I'm
using the VXCMD with Revolution, but I'm accessing
it's functions directly, not using Revolution's DB
functions.

For example, if I want to add a new record to my
database, how exactly would I build the query string?
The doc is a little unclear on this.  Should I
actually use the phrase "binded with" followed by my
list of values just as it appears in the doc?  Cause
I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work.  Or do I
somehow have to pass my list of values to the
Database_SQLExecute function?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

=====