SQL question

Greg Kowalski gregkowalski at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 09:34:51 CST 2004

Hello,

This is my first foray into SQL so the question I have will probably seem
very amateurish to most of you, but here goes:

What SQL code can be used if I want a query to find a specific word (or
words) within a string of words? In other words I want know if a field
contains (not =) a string.

For example I have a field with the string: "SQL is not as simple as you
think".  I would like this field to appear as a result if make a query using
the keyword "SQL" or "simple" or "not as simple" etc.

Thank you for your help

Greg Kowalski