[VServer] How to add/remove users

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 12 14:46:28 CST 2004

on 1/12/04 2:41 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

>> ----------------------------
>> !!!!!!!! ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Vserver on start have one administrator login "sa" / "sa"
>>
>> When you will make deployment archive,
>> It is good idea to CHANGE this names to something special.
>
> Yes, I already changed these.
>
> Next Problem:
> When a new User logs in for the first time, I think I should check if
> he already exists before adding him with AddUser() (Could be he just
> entered a wrong password)

> How can I check for this type of information?

Erich,

Note, that AddUser() as other Vserver Xtra commands can be made ONLY by
administrator.

If user have enter not correct login or password he will get error about
this, and must try again.

But you should not worry about FIRST TIME.
User self must not be able add own login/password...well only if your app
logic require this...

Usually admin must prepare server with logins,
Inform users about their logins.
And user must use them.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com