[VSRV] .ini threads ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 12 11:56:11 CST 2004

on 1/12/04 11:04 AM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

>> Igor I think this is NOT very correct.
>>
>> People can think that if they expect 100 connections then
>> they need set 100 threads. This will be bad idea.
>>
> Yes, please tell us exactly what it means. 5 threads=5 cursors at once? 5
> threads in cache? 5 connections? ...

Hi Florian,

This threads DO NOT limit anything.
You can have 5 threads, but still have 100 connections and 200 cursors.

Exists different Threading models for Server.
For example,
            one connection - one thread.

But if we will get 100-1000 connections, this means we will have 100-1000
worker threads inside.

RULE IS:
    each new thread in general slow down system.
    although for user of that thread it may looks that
    reaction as faster.

So we need trade between reaction to user and general system performance.

We use in Vserver more complex model:

    exists N e.g. 10 worker threads
    exists queue of tasks.
    Exists 100 connections.
    and may be exists 200 cursors.

Each thread take the next task from queue, execute it,
And again take the next task from queue.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com