A handful of questions and a couple of documentation errors

Igor Gomon giv at tlc.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 12 10:16:15 CST 2004

> > > 5) In the Valentina Server.ini file there is an entry for
> > the number
> > > of threads (which is by default 5). The info in the docs is not
> > > sufficient to allows us to make up our minds on how many threads to
> > > enter here. How are threads used, and what guidelines
> > should we use in
> > > adjusting this number in the INI file?
> >
> > Good question.
> >
> > In short:
> >     for 1-2 processor computers use 5-20 threads.
>
> OK, but what should we be looking for that will tell us to increase the
> number of threads from 5? Is it based on the amount of data being
> transmitted at any given time, the number of concurrent connections,
> what?
This should be reletad with the number of concurrent connections.
Say if you know that you concurrent connection to VServer will
almost never exceed 5 than you can leave this value by default.
By if you know that you typically should have about 20 concurrent
connections that it's better to increase this value to 15-20.

Igor Gomon
e-mail: giv_ua at inbox.ru