Valentina XCMD question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 10 13:08:19 CST 2004

on 1/10/04 11:39 AM, Rodney Tamblyn at rodney_tamblyn at yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Rodney,

I have CC to Valentina list.
May be somebody from XCDM developers have advice ?

> Hi Ken,
>
> Quick and very simple Valentina question:
>
> How to you set Valentina up on Windows? I must be doing something
> wrong. I've set the externals path to ./VXCMD_Win_MC.dll (or whatever
> the latest name of the external is).
>
> When I call:
>
> Valentina( "Database_Open", pFile)
>
> ... it returns "Error 123"
>
> pFile is a valid path to a Valentina database, created on Mac and
> copied across to Windows.  The file is not corrupt, and it ends in
> ".vdb".  The file notation uses the standard REvolution slash notation
> eg c:/Documents and Settings/Rodney/Local Settings/Application Data/OV
> Preferences.vdb"

All this is correct.

ADVICE1:
    does other simple VXCMD function works: DebugLevel? Valentina_Error?
    if yes, this means that VXCMD was found and loaded.

    also you can download and install dbgView utility.
    to see output from VXCMD commands.
    If you see Valentina messages then this also confirm that VXCMD
    itself was found and works.

> I tried copying the file to the top level of the drive and removed
> spaces from the filename, making it
> c:\test.vdb
>
> when I called this, Valentina returned error 306 kFBL_CacheNotPresent

Aha!

This means that you probably have forget to call ValentinaInit()

> I think all of this indicates that Valentina is not properly
> initialised, however when I call Valentina Init it doesn't return any
> errors.

Hmm, so call it...

> I am using the latest version of VXCMD for windows 1.10, and have
> placed this in the same folder as Revolution 2.1.2, and set the
> externals path of the stack to "./VXCMD_Win_MC.dll"

Try put it INTO folder of your stack also.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com