[ALL] Export

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Thu Jan 8 21:53:55 CST 2004

At 21:21 08.01.2004, you wrote:
> > I need to export fields from a db, but not their content,
> > only if they have content or not.
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not clear.

very simple, say you have 2 records, but only one contains
a string, the other one is empty:

1. ruslan
2.

now instead of selecting the field itself, which would
give me the value of the field, I want to get results where
the result is 1 for a value and 0 for no value.

1. 1
2. 0

> > SELECT (foo <> '') as has_name

This would create a tmp field to be a boolean,
but in Valentina is does not work, you'd need to
create a field method.

>You want say that you cannot create BaseObject method on the fly
>for READ ONLY db ?  Probably yes. This is not possible.

I know, I just wanted to know if you know any other way
to do it. Currently I have to select the fields and parse the
results, so that I get what I want. But that means going
through every single record and if there are many records
this is kinda slow.

Martin.