AW: [V4MD] V4MD Xtra vs. V4MD_client Xtra

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 8 11:49:02 CST 2004

on 1/8/04 11:27 AM, Martin Kloss at martin.kloss at gmx.de wrote:

>> Cursors it is always good idea to VOID, because you will unlock records.
>>
>> Director have own garbage collector, so may happens it still keep some
>> deleted object in RAM, and this prevent DLL from unload.
>
> For Director it makes no difference if you set the instance to 0 or VOID,
> the garbage collection will take care of disposing the instance in any case.
> So this can not be part of the problem.

Martin,

Assume you do next:

On func

    curs1 = select * from T

    // here curs1 must die to unlock records for next cursor.
    curs1 = VOID

    curs2 = select * from T WHERE ...

    // here we can skip explicit deletion, because at the end of
    // function cursor will be destroyed self by director.
end

Of course usually developers do not create 2 cursors in the same function.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com