Adding Records at Start

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Thu Jan 8 10:52:40 CST 2004

Hi Mark,

I think you have to include your sort field with your select so:

SELECT DISTINCT level_1, ID FROM resources ORDER BY ID

Hope that helps.

Cindy

>> Try simply
>>
>>   SELECT DISTINCT level_1 FROM resources
>
> Well, this is what I had originally and it works, However, since suddenly I
> cannot count on the order of the data being stored in the database, I needed
> to add, as many have suggested, an ID field. Of course, having an ID field
> doesn't do any good at all if I CAN'T USE IT TO SORT!

Cindy Brown
Programmer
SchoolMaster

Kowhai Programming Systems
PO Box 198, Invercargill
81 Marama Avenue South, 9RD Invercargill
Phone (03) 213 1243
Fax (03) 213 1248
Mobile (021) 354 930
<http://www.kowhaiprogramming.com/>