AW: AW: [VSDK] VDK_Cursor::Update() broken?

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Wed Jan 7 13:15:00 CST 2004

>> The problematic cursor is on 1 table only. My other 2
>> cursors, which works perfectly may use more than 1 table. Are
>> you sure about what you are saying?
>>
> Absolutely. In Valentina 1 you can not write to a cursor that joins any
> tables, at least not if you are trying to write to both tables but I think
> generally. These cursors are always locked. Since a locked cursor might
> prevent other cursors from saving the data, could it be that you
> accidcentially "locked" some data in a different cursor?

If this is true, then why the comments on kNoLock in "FBL.h" says: "Cursor
do not set locks and ignore locks of others."?

Ruslan what is the official rules about this?

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>