Adding Records at Start

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Wed Jan 7 18:44:09 CST 2004

On 07-01-2004 18:37, "Mark Maslowski" <mark at majico.com> wrote:

> And I'm not sure the REUSE explanation works because
> I've never deleted the first record ever and now it's inserting data there.

I don't think there is any relational database where you could rely on the
record order without using an index you can sort on. So even when you did
not delete the first record, you would never know which records shows up
first after a query.

Sorting on an index you know the values of is the only safe way of doing
this. No deletion, addition or modification will mess up your own made up
order, that's for sure.

--

Brainchild :: Every product a sparkle of common sense        *