AW: error 363 won't go away

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 3 01:16:17 CST 2004

on 1/3/04 12:29 AM, Chris Sheffield at cm_sheffield at yahoo.com wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I'm not trying to
> write at all.  I'm trying to get a read-only cursor,
> and that is what's giving me the 363 error.  Any other
> ideas?

Hi Chris,

1) does your cursor select one table or do some JOINS?
    may be OUTER JOIN ?

2) IF you work with single table in cursor, and get 363 error,
    this means that EXISTS OTHER cursor which lock some records
    which you try to lock again.

Then you must check your cursors. When and how you create and kill them.

3) IF you get 363 when try create READ ONLY cursor, this means that OTHER
cursor have set WRITE lock.

4) do you work with 1.10 release ?
    if no, then please upgrade.
    in 1.9.8 there was few bugs to OUTER JOIN record locks.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com