kNoLocks and default behavior

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 2 20:27:37 CST 2004

on 1/2/04 7:41 PM, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

> I thought if you used kNoLocks then cursors behaved as before (in
> 1.9.7 and earlier). But I just found a case where this was not
> correct -- I couldn't move back through the cursor unless I specified
> kRandom when the cursor was created.

Yes, you must also to use Random!
Otherwise it is ForwardOnly.

> Is this the intended behavior?

Yes.

> If so, personally I think it should
> default to kRandom, because that was the behavior of earlier versions.

Once again,

I have choose default behavior in the first turn NOT to be compatible with
Prev version, but to be the most effective from client/server point of view.

I think this is more important, because we will use that for years.
And switch from old version to new take few months.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com