Problems with Objectptr resetting

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 28 16:56:30 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan:
	While I was doing some experiments with my program, I came upon a fatal
flaw and have had to revert to Valentina 1.97 to be able to run my code without any
pointers.  A while back when I first migrated this program to 1.1 the problem of
having no pointers and using mdb.ma.fieldname to delete or edit I must have them.
Valentina 1.97 didn't require this.

	In my program I rip through some dates, make appointments and then keep
making them at a predetermined interval until past the present date.  To do this I
update a field with a new future date.

	For this experiment I have made two versions of my program with its
associated database.  Rb 4.5.2 + Valentina 1.97 and RB 5.4.2 and Valentina 1.1

1) Rb 4.5.2 + Valentina 1.97

If you change your computer date to March 19th of this year and open the program, it
will make all of the appointments as requested, moreover, if you use the Other
Windows menu item and then Special Days you will see all the appointments dates
are after todays date.

2) RB 5.4.2 and Valentina 1.1

If you change your computer date to March 19th of this year and open the program, it
will make some of the appointments as requested, however, if you use the Other
Windows menu item and then Special Days you will see some appointments with
dates before the 19th.

	When I check the database...two opjectptrs are not set to 0 in the special
table.

So, if you would be so kind as to give me an address, I can zip these up and send
them to you.

Thanks Chuck