[vxcmd] field maintenance

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 26 16:38:35 CST 2004

on 2/26/04 4:04 PM, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

Hi Robert,

> get
> Valentina("BaseObject_MakeNewField",boRef,fldName,fldType,fldSize,
> fldLanguage)
>
> When I create a new field, the size is set correctly, but language is
> always ascii.
>
> get Valentina("BaseObject_ChangeFieldLanguage",boRef,fldName,fldLanguage)
>
> I can't seem to be able to change language setting. It is always set
> to ascii. At least, that is what
>
> get Valentina("Field_GetLanguage",fldRef)
>
> returns. They also show as ascii in Vapp regardless what I set in my
> program. If I set language in Vapp, it still shows as ascii in my
> program, although going back to Vapp shows the language set there.
>
> The syntax for these calls hasn't changed as far as I can see. Any ideas?

This is 3d report about ASCII language problem.

The first 2 was on MacOS 10.3,
It seems you work on MacOS 9.

All I can say:
    I cannot debug 1.9.6

So please switch to 1.10 release.

-----
Also, am I right. 1.8.10 -- have use for language NUMBERS, yes?

Newer versions use strings language names "German"

You have switch code from number to strings?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com