[V4MD] Classic and OS X projectors

Nathan Friesen nfriesen at dyton.com
Wed Feb 25 12:37:15 CST 2004

I did think about making a bundle, but that still wouldn't have solved
my problem of accessing the common assets. And, like you said, pre-OS
8.6 wouldn't support the bundle, so it would need a separate
application, or alias. Thanks for the suggestion, though. If we weren't
supporting pre-8.6 then it would have at least cleaned things up on the
CD.

Nathan

On Feb 24, 2004, at 10:36 AM, macmec wrote:

> Have you thought about doing it with an application bundle, the
> current method for building a Classic/OS X app?  There's a tutorial on
> Macromedia's site
> (http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/
> bundle_proj.htm) explaining how to do this, and it makes one
> application icon at the top level, with nothing else visible (unless
> you want to make something else visible there, like a Read Me or
> something.
>
> The only catch is this method is only supported back to OS 8.6.  If
> you need earlier than that in your Classic support, you'll have to go
> a different route.  But it works really slick.
>
> On 23 Feb 2004, at 14:54, valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:
>
>>> I've been able to get it to work by structuring the CD this way:
>>>
>>>   other assets
>>>   Classic
>>>      Classic Projector
>>>      Xtras
>>>         V4MD.Xtr
>>>   Carbon
>>>      Carbon Projector
>>>      Xtras
>>>         V4MD_Carbon.Xtr
>>>
>>> But this buries the projector within a folder, and then the projector
>>> needs to look up a level to work with the shared assets.
>>>
>>> Is there something I'm not doing right? Thanks
>
> macmec ~ macmec at mac.com
> This message was sent from a Macintosh computer.  Epitome of
> creativity.

Nathan Friesen
Dyton, Inc.
2302 West 1st Street
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
P: 319.277.8418
F: 319.277.8417

www.dyton.com

------
    Where there is no vision, the people perish.
      - Proverbs
------