Valentina DB Character Replace

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Feb 23 21:25:00 CST 2004

on 2/23/04 9:10 PM, Martin Kloss at martin.kloss at gmx.de wrote:

> At 20:01 23.02.2004, you wrote:
>>> I really just need to replace ASCII Code 208 with ASCII Code
>>> 187, for example. Any ideas?
>>
>> XML dump
>> And replace in text editor
>
> No, not an option. The XML dump was tested once,
> but it takes hours on a dual CPU to dump and days
> to load that dump. I don't have the time to do that.
>
> Also, the db contains lots of pictures and re-importing
> all the pictures would also take days, not possible
> at the current state.
>
> Anything else I could do?

In C++ you'd could do fast replace.

I did dream about using of REGEX feature store groups
And later replace them with \1,
But still did not get time do that.

It looks only loop.
But not in all records,
Only on records that have that char.

And make cursor with single column,
Then iteration of column will be faster.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com