Valentina DB Character Replace

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 19:47:33 CST 2004

Hi,

I have a somewhat unusual question:

I need to replace a single character in a big database
with 12 tables, which lots of string and text fields in every
table. So I'm facing a lot of work, writing a utility to
open every single record and going through every single
field and every character in the text of that field to replace
the character and then update the record.

Can anyone think of a better solution, I'm thinking of
some kind of a low-level solution to hex-edit the database
file or whatever other means come to mind.

I really just need to replace ASCII Code 208 with ASCII Code
187, for example. Any ideas?

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book: