COM Database VB6 question

Lee Miller leemiller at madisongrp.com
Sun Feb 22 10:28:41 CST 2004

I have a form that accesses one table.
That table has 20 fields and 1,000,000 records. Five fields are indexed.
There are navigational buttons at the bottom of the form to move First,
Previous, Next, and Last.

I would like to provide the user with a combo box that contains the name of
the 5 indexes. The one showing when the combo box is closed is the current
index. When the user selects a different index from the combo box, the
current record shouldn't change (if it must, I will recover it with code).
When the user clicks on one of the navigational buttons, the new index
[?new recordset] is reflected. I can handle the combo box. The fields on
the form reflect the newly selected index path/

Do I need to set the old recordset to nothing and create a new recordset on
the selected index [SQL SELECT] every time they do this or is there a more
efficient way to "quickly' accomplish this?

Thanks

Lee Miller