[V4MD] GetPicture

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 19:42:18 CST 2004

At 19:35 20.02.2004, you wrote:
>GetPicture returns me an object of type "picture". This seems to be a bit of
>an odd creature in lingo-land, and I can't seem to get an image object out
>of it except by writing it to a cast member and reading the image back,
>which seems to rather defeat the whole point.

No, you are absolutely correct, it can only return the outdated "picture"
property, so it's basically useless. And there are a couple of bugs
associated with getting the picture property. So avoid it altogehter.
You always have to create a bitmap castmember, get the data
from the db using GetPicture() and a member reference and then
get the image from the new member and delete the member.

That's the way I do it, because in most cases I just need and
image object for further manipulation. It's bad for performance
and seems very awkward, but it's the only way to work with it :-(

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3934358322/lingmmugd