[V4MD, V.NET] Pictures again

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Thu Feb 19 14:39:00 CST 2004

At 13:53 19.02.2004, you wrote:
> > I think this is the only way if you want images in db.
>
>OK, I may have to take that approach. Did I hear someone say that if you set
>quality to 100 then the picture field is lossless? The colours in the PNGs
>are being used for selections by colour index that gets looked up in the DB,
>so they have to be completely lossless - any JPEG compression artefacts will
>make it go completely nuts.

No, even setting the quality to 100% will result in a loss in quality,
each time the JPEG's is saved. And if you're planning on using 32-bit
images, prepare for a nightmare, because the Jpeg-Lib of the Xtra
messes them up (see my posts about correcting the pixel bug
in the list archives). So, generally speaking, storing pictures from Director
in a Valentina db means working around a lot of shortcomings :-(

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3934358322/lingmmugd