VXCMD local and remote together

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 19 12:36:18 CST 2004

on 2/19/04 12:03 PM, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

> Hmm, I do not believe in such absolute dogmas when it comes to
> coding. And I have never heard that doubling code is totally wrong.

It is Robert.

Have you hear about "Refactoring" -- new modern ideas
    general for any programming language.

A lots of useful things.
I can give you ref on book.

Now I say to our developers:
    Cut the hand which produce doubling code!!!

> On the contrary. There are instances when doubling the code is
> beneficial. For example, if I have an if-else condition in a loop
> that runs thousands times, it is usually better to have two loops
> with if-else around them.

You talk here about

A) seed optimization based on LOOP INVARIANT.

B) Refactoring teach:

    a) yes, move out from loop.
        but you point here only first step.
        as you ay you will get doubling code

    b) refactoring require now second step:
        EXTRACT METHOD STEP: move that doubling code into separate
            function. So you will have just SINGLE code.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com