[V4MD, V.NET] Pictures again

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Thu Feb 19 09:37:43 CST 2004

At 03:34 19.02.2004, you wrote:
>It's more of a Director question really - am I safe setting member.image to
>a blob I've read from the DB and trust that Director will be able to handle
>the JPEG or PNG data correctly? If not, how should I go about it?

Hi Marcus,

currently, you can't set the "image" property using whatever comes from
a Picture or BLOB field, because Valentina won't return the data as "image"
date in the way Director needs it. I have been asking for a SetImage() /
GetImage() function for years now, but Ruslans said it's not that easy
to implement. It would certainly be the most important new feature for me...

But you can create a new bitmap member and set the "media" property and
see what happens. I haven't tried that combination yet, but it might
actually work.
Other than that you're probably stuck with external images, I would
not recommend importing them into a cast, except you have very few
images. But even then there might be memory issues, depending on
how large the images are.

Cheers,
Martin.

Martin Kloss