VXCMD local and remote together

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 18 18:34:06 CST 2004

on 2/18/04 6:18 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

>> Ruslan, having to use a different valentina call for local and server
>> activities may actually be a good approach for coding.
>>
>> get valentina ("SqlSelect",dbName,query)
>> get valentina_server ("SqlSelect",dbName,query)
>>
>> This way it is easy to keep track which code works locally and which
>> works remotely, particularly for programs that support both modes in
>> parallel. While most Valentina functions are the same, they are not
>> exactly the same and server has more of them. It is also easy to
>> switch from local to remote and vice versa.
>
> I totally agree. :-)

Hmm, I am not agree.

And where you see easy of switch IF all your code will be explicitly writeen
LOCAL it or REMOTE it.

No guys, this is not correct.

Algorithm must work with abstraction.
For example, if you write algorithm that in loop print records of cursor

    print_records( I_Cursor inCursor )
    {
        for loop
    }

This SIGNLE function must work with ANY I_Cursor.
It must not care if this is remote or LOCAL cursor.

This was target of all programming industry all years.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com