VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 07:33:24 CST 2004

I'm still not getting this to work right.  Even with
the newly uploaded Classic version.  As I've said, the
standalone version still works perfectly.  I can
connect to my local database.  But once I try to
switch everything to the client version, it just won't
work.  At least now my stack will open; I'm just
getting error messages from Revolution that the
Valentina functions can't be found.  It seems as
though the CODE resource is not connecting correctly
to the shared library.  I've tried changing the ID of
the resource to everything from 1200 to 1205, with
differing results.  Sometimes the stack opens and I
get the above mentioned error, and other times opening
my stack crashes Rev.

I know I have kind of beat this to death, but if there
are any Rev/MC users out there who might be willing to
give this a try on Mac OS 9, I would be forever
grateful.  Maybe I'm just not doing something right?
I really need to try and get this working this week in
order to send our product out for some beta testing.

Thanks everyone,

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally

--- Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
wrote:
> on 2/17/04 9:10 PM, Chris Sheffield at
> cm_sheffield at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Thanks for getting that done so quickly.
> > Unfortunately, it's still not working, but I've
> never
> > been able to get the Carbon version to work with
> > Revolution at all.  I've always used the Classic
> > version.  Is there something I need to do
> differently?
> > The Classic non-client version works perfectly.
> I've
> > copied the CODE resource into my stack and the
> > VXCMD_Client_Carbon_MC file is located in the same
> > folder as my app.  Have I not done it correctly?
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I have upload both VXCMD_Client Carbon and Classic.
>
> Both now have stack.
> It have CODE with 1200 and 1202 id
>
>     1200 -> Classic
>     1202 -> Carbon
>
> Please check, may be Revolution want for Carbon some
> other id?
>

> > Also, is it possible to put both the client and
> > non-client CODE resources into my stack at the
> same
> > time so that I can easily switch between the two
> > without having to recopy them and rebuild my app?
>
> You know may be yes, possible,
>
> It seems MetCard/Rev expect Ids of CODE resources in
> some circle.
>
> So you can have 2 CARBON resources with e.g 1202 and
> 1205 ids.
> Read their docs.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Ruslan Zasukhin      [ I feel the need...the need
> for speed ]

=====
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally