[V4RB] Styled text and utf8

jda jda at his.com
Fri Feb 13 08:20:59 CST 2004

>Hi,
>
>This is because you can't apply a style to UTF-8 text using RB
>functions. Encode/Decode your text to systemdefault first.
>
>~/Stan

Actually, you can, but it's a PITA. You can walk through the styled
text runs of the TextStyleData and adjust + or - for any non-ASCII
characters you run into. But this requires getting down and dirty
with the way RB stores styled text data, and I don't recommend it
unless you really need it (like I do). Better to do what Stan
suggests if that's sufficient for your needs.

Jon