[V4RB] Styled text and utf8

Bas Streef bstreef at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 13:34:47 CST 2004

Hi all,

I can store styled text in a VarBinaryField and I can store utf8
encoded text
in a TextField which reads back in the RB editfield just fine. So I can
have
styled text or diacritical characters without problem, but I cannot have
styled diacritical characters. If I try that, the style is not applied
to the original characters, but is shifted some characters to the
left, or the styled text disappears completely, or even stranger effects
appear.
Does somebody know what's wrong or how to remedy this?

Thanks