SQL frustrations

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 11 14:15:04 CST 2004

I have just moved my oldest project from valentina 1.8.10 to 1.9.6
(no, I am not ready yet to move to a newer version) and have a hell
time with SQL querries. My program hasn't been been changed for a
very long time, so what I am seeing are clearly differences between
versions of Valentina.

First, a number of queries reported 640 error. They all were fixed by
including the SORT fields in SELECT. This is weird because the
release notes state (for one of 1.9.5 betas) that:

[SQL][Fix] Fixed broken ability to sort on not SELECTed field.

So this was fixed but apparently broken later again. I wonder whether
it works in newer versions.

Second, I have a number of queries that now return wrong results (too
many records). I am still struggling to figure out why, so any tips
are appreciated. They all involve more complex comparisons with a
series of and's and or's. I hope applying some extra parenthesis will
cure these but haven't found the receipe yet.

Robert