[V4WS] Another problem with numeric fields?

Solon Morse solon at mail.enaturalist.org
Tue Feb 10 07:25:00 CST 2004

On 2/10/04 2:42 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> valIsNull()

No function valIsNull() in V4WS.

I tried some version of

if valGetField(curs,field) = null
 value = "null";
else
 value = valGetField(curs,field);

This returns "null" if the field holds null or 0.

typeOf(valGetField(records, y)) returns "float" for null or 0 as well.
typeOf() actually never returns "null" for valGetField() -- it always
returns the datatype for the field itself.

typeOf() works as I would expect for values obtained by valGetRecord().

When I do valGetRecord() my methods fields return <null> even when the
cursor holds a value. How do I get methods fields with valGetRecord()? I
tried turning indexing on and off for those fields, rebuilt indexes etc.

Thanks.
--
Solon Morse
Assistant Director of Education