[V4WS] Another problem with numeric fields?

Solon Morse solon at mail.enaturalist.org
Tue Feb 10 00:51:35 CST 2004

When iterating through a cursor, V4WS 1.10 seems to report null and 0 as 0
for numeric fields -- or at least websiphon interprets both as 0.

repeat with x from 1 to recordCount
 valGoToRecord( curs, x );
 var = valGetField( curs, field );
end repeat;

Records sort properly, but var is set to 0  whether the field holds zero or
nothing.  Shouldn't I get at least "" for null?

If I do valGetRecord(curs,x), empty fields return <null> and 0 returns 0. I
would do it this way, but then my methods fields return <null> when they
shouldn't.

Do you think this a Siphon coercion problem, a Valentina problem or am I
missing something?

Thanks.
--
Solon Morse