Xcode, Cocoa-Java & VJDK

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri Feb 6 22:01:06 CST 2004

Hi,

>> Hi Jochen,
>>
>> Thanks for the response.  I found that document (along with others)
>> last night
>> and have temporarily placed the jnilib in ~/Library/Java/Extensions
>> (or maybe
>> ~/Library/Extensions/Java) and it does work.  Unfortunately, it
>> appears that
>> the comment in that document that says that your .app's
>> Contents/Resources/Java directory is searched does not work (this is
>> where I
>> had the build process placing the file initially).
Hhhm - strange. Maybe you must specify this directory in the plist file
of your
bundle - please look at the Apple Developer Pages for more info - i
have read something
about plist variables concerning Java in the past - i will also have a
look at it.
Do you run Panther?

>> So, for now (development) I am ok.  I do still need to deployment
>> resolution.
>>
>> One thought I had (but have not tested) is if I do a System.load of
>> the
>> library myself and specify the full path to the jnilib would this
>> work?  By
>> that I mean, when your code does a loadLibrary call will Java realize
>> that the
>> library has already been loaded and not attempt to load it again then
>> return a
>> reference to the previously loaded copy?
>
> If that functions loads DLLs, I expect it will link it correctly.
> You need test
I would also expect that it should work - but i have not tested it
myself.

Jochen Peters
PIIT GmbH