Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 17:09:13 CST 2004

Just thought I'd drop in my 2¢, while trying to avoid repetition of other
requests:

1) QuickTime media support in the same way that Frontbase does, allowing
things like searching & indexing of text tracks and playback direct from DB
with random access.

2) ENUM fields, which kind of goes hand in hand with the ability to make
fields with arbitrary bit lengths. This can be very important for optimising
very large databases (and indexes) for minimal size (e.g. To fit on a CD or
DVD) where every additional bit counts. I don't know if this is outside the
scope of what could be done in a field plugin.

3) Produce or port a web front end for database admin - a port of phpMyAdmin
would be a good start. I've been trying out all kinds of dedicated clients
for MySQL recently, and on the whole I still prefer a web interface over all
of them!

I'm also +1 for transactions, hot backup.

Now all we have to do is to get Macromedia to support Unicode properly in
Director...

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture