[V4RB] ValentinaEscapeString is not esaping all regex chars

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Fri Feb 6 13:51:55 CST 2004

Hi,

It seems ValentinaEscapeString is not working properly (At least not
for me). For example I am looking for records containing the
'<bvrou9$fjl$1+0100 at news.ya.com>' string (without quotes).

ValentinaEscapeString(mystring, True) returns:
<bvrou9$fjl$1+0100 at news\.ya\.com>
rather than: \<bvrou9\$fjl\$1\+0100 at news\.ya\.com\>

Currently my function is escaping following chars: +-*/=%<>()[].$'^?&

If I use my function 'SQlSelect' with 'like' returns the right result.
If I use ValentinaEscapeString(mystring, True), I get no records.

~/Stan