Compact?

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 13:38:33 CST 2004

Hey, Ken.  One trick I found that works for me is to
create some temp field, which will probably go into
the wrong "slot", then immediately after creating that
field, create the actual field that you want.  That
one should go at the end of the list.  Then just
delete the temp field.  Kind of a round about way, but
it has worked for me.  This is all using VApp by the
way.

--- Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
> When I delete a field from a table and then add a
> new field, it goes in
> the "slot" taken up from the field I deleted. If I
> don't want that to
> happen (for example, I want the new field to go "at
> the end") how would
> I make that happen? Does compacting the DB from VAPP
> do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software