[V4RB 2.0] Namespaces?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 5 23:36:54 CST 2004

Hi guys,

I read that now RB SDK allow me from plugin define MODULE,
Which act as namespace for RB code.

It sounds like we can now avoid using of
    ValentinaUtilities

Module, and born all from plugin.
Agree?

So, assume that in V4RB I make module Valentina with methods

    Init()
    ShutDown()

Then you can write in RB code

App.Open()

    Valentina.Init()

    Valentina.ShutDown()
end

Looks, nice, yes?

Next, this module then also can keep all Valentina constants.
What worry me, we get long names

    db.SqlSelect( query, Valentina.kServerSide, Valentina.kReadWrite )

So my question is:
    if this is NAMESPACE, then is it posible in RB skip its usage,
    like we can do this in C++ ?

Something as

    using namespace Valentina

    db.SqlSelect( query, kServerSide, kReadWrite )

?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com