embedded server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 5 08:21:59 CST 2004

on 2/5/04 12:51 AM, Chris Sheffield at cm_sheffield at yahoo.com wrote:

> Then why is there only a download listed for Windows
> on your web site?  Or is that something different?

You mean that .ZIP archive?

Just Windows developers have ask to do this for comfort.
On Windows to install new version it needs to stop service at first, remove
old version. On MAC installer can do this with running Vserver.

> Also, is there a demo embedded server license
> available?

For this you should use the same DEMO license, which is located on our site.

You distribute to YOUR clients DEMO of YOUR app,
With our DEMO license file.
As result, tat the end of month, you need send them NEW demo license file.

> The VServer document talks about creating
> a customized installation using the embedded server
> and replacing the regular license_win_xxxxxx file with
> the license_emb_xxxxxx file.  Can I get that
> somewhere?

You will get license_emb_xxxx file only after purchase.
It DO NOT have time limit.

Chris, please note, Embedded Server is in fact THE SAME Vserver that you use
now. 100% the same.

When you use our DEMO license file, It act as DEMO. Up to the end of month.

When you will get license_emb_xxxx file, it start to act as Embedded Server
from point of view that
    it has 5 connections,
    no limit on time
    it have signature.

Finally, you can use the same procedure, described in Vserver.pdf, to build
your own custom installer of Vserver and use our DEMO license file.

After purchase, you will just replace DEMO license file on license_emb_xxx
And you will add signature into your EB code on connect to server.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com