AW: [DIRECT-L] Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features? // XML

Deane Venske deane.venske at eduss.com
Tue Feb 3 08:20:13 CST 2004

Hi Florian,

One thing that I have done is written a small bunch of functions in lingo
to handle my queries once I have them. I'm started using all my queries as
lists once they are in director. I like this very much because it gives me
so much control, and it's pretty quick, but I don't really work with huge
tables yet. I've got subQuery functions where I pass a list (That has come
 from the Valentina db) and filter it. So far I have field specific
filtering and DISTINCT and NOT functionality, eventually I'd like to have
alot more, but that will come as soon as time allows. I'm not sure how
quick it will be with large amounts of data, but I'm hoping it will handle
it all well. If you'd like a few of the functions (Which are pretty rough)
I'd be happy to share them with you. I'm not sure if director's XML parser
can go from XML to List and from List to XML, but if it can then this
should help with what you want.

--
Deane Venske - Senior Programmer
www.eduss.com.au   deane.venske at eduss.com