Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

Deane Venske deane.venske at eduss.com
Tue Feb 3 08:09:50 CST 2004

>> I'd like to see :
>>
>> - Cross database queries.
>
> We think on attached tables.
Cool.

>> - Proper implementation of functions so we can compare or join fields in
>> queries.
>
> You mean usage of functions in select?
> done
I thought so but thought I'd wish away :) Thanks!

>> - Maybe command line tools similar to mysqldump. Something that we can
>> use
>> to dump X amount of sql queries into a database to update it, not
>> replace
>> it. This would be even better if it could be done through the API.
>

>> - Dumping that could accept different parameters to control what gets
>> dumped like data only, table structures only, specific tables. I use
>> this
>> extensively with mysql like : mysqldump table1, table2 > myDumpFile.sql,
>> it is very good for backups and updates, but if we could have it built
>> into the V4MD/V4RB API it would mean we could do very good maintenance
>> on
>> our databases if we need to.
>
> Ok I see, Deane.
>
> We have it for the whole db, you want detalization up to Table level.
Yeah, table specific would be great. This would mean we could give
customers XML/SQL dumps of tables we want to expose to them if they want
to get information from our software into other SQL/XML compliant programs.

--
Deane Venske - Senior Programmer
www.eduss.com.au   deane.venske at eduss.com
+61 7 55974600  +61 405148718