V4RB Windows VarChar Error 351

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Mon Feb 2 20:42:05 CST 2004

>Hi Erich,
>  > We have made Client-Server test during the last weeks with V4MD and
>  > we also had problems with this message. While I am not sure if it
>  > works in the same way with V4RB, here are some ideas:
>  >
>  > Error 351 occured quite often, when a client using read locks wrote
>  > to a record and tried to read from the same table immediately
>  > afterwards.
>  >
>  > This might also be related to the fact that our database gets flushed
>  > after each write.
>  >
>  > The server debug window showed an error 351 "VarChar Field corrupted"
>  > immediately followed by a "error 0, no error". After a first
>  > occurance of that error, it happened more often, but went away after
>  > a server restart.

>Can you, please, send me a small test project reproduced the problem?

Hi Igor,

i will try, but i will last some days.
I am a week behind my schedule at the moment and need to get two
CD-ROMs finished ASAP.
BTW: this happend on PC. Mac tests started when we had already
changed some code...

I remember it worked like that:
- set kreadWrite = 2
- connect two clients
- let the both make the same (order by) selection on a table
- load records with getcolumn()
- let one of them write to one of the records with flush()
- immediately after the write, reload the selection

Erich