sql question

Dave Parizek dave at Parizek.com
Sun Feb 1 22:37:43 CST 2004

--
I have 2 tables joined via an object ptr.  Each one has some price
data in it.  I need to get the records where the price field of one
table is greater than the price field in the other.

I want to sqlselect:

select * from a, b where a.f2 > b.f3

( b many to one a, a and b joined by object pointers, a.f2 and b.f3
are say two fields with float numbers -- not the ptr or recid fields).

  I get a 613 error when I run this.  Can I not do this in V4RB 1.98
and I need to wait for 2.0?  Or am I constructing my query wrong?

  Is there a term for this kind of query, maybe someone has already
mentioned it by its term and I am newbie not knowing term?

--Dave