Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

Deane Venske deane.venske at eduss.com
Mon Feb 2 08:19:48 CST 2004

I'd like to see :

- Cross database queries.
- Proper implementation of functions so we can compare or join fields in
queries.
- Maybe command line tools similar to mysqldump. Something that we can use
to dump X amount of sql queries into a database to update it, not replace
it. This would be even better if it could be done through the API.
- Dumping that could accept different parameters to control what gets
dumped like data only, table structures only, specific tables. I use this
extensively with mysql like : mysqldump table1, table2 > myDumpFile.sql,
it is very good for backups and updates, but if we could have it built
into the V4MD/V4RB API it would mean we could do very good maintenance on
our databases if we need to.

--
Deane Venske - Senior Programmer
www.eduss.com.au   deane.venske at eduss.com