V4RB Windows VarChar Error 351

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Sun Feb 1 22:35:55 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I've been struggling all week trying to solve these issues I'm having with
sending data over TCP/IP across to my server program. Some of the problems
appeared to be related to windows double-sending pockets across so I have
managed to solve these.

The latest issue, though, is still related to error 351 which is a varchar
error. All I am sending in each packet is a single record as a text field.
This record contains a mix of string, short, varchar fields, etc.

Sending from Mac to Mac - no problem. The program comes up with no errors at
all and works consistently over 100's of records. Working directly on my PC
without sending to the server works with no problems. The records save with
no errors at all.

But, sending from either Mac to PC or PC to PC using the same program and
the same dataset, after a few records go across, the server program brings
up an error 351 with the assessment database being corrupt. This is not on a
single record - it is on a random record and can occur at any time - after
10 records have been sent across or maybe 15 or whatever. I cannot see any
reason for this to occur at all. I am using the same download for V4RB for
both Mac and Windows. All I am doing is getting the text to go into the
field, setting the string with that text and adding or updating the record
depending on whether I am adding or editing.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I have checked every record as it is
going through and seen what is going in the assessments database varchar
field (there is only 1 varchar field in this database) and they are all
perfectly fine. Yet the database continues to corrupt. I have tried this
with the standard 1.10 plugin, the windows 1.10 plugin and the 1.9 plugin as
well. I feel that there is a problem somewhere in the varchar field in the
windows version as this problem does not occur at all in the Macintosh
version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--

Cindy Brown
Programmer

Kowhai Programming Systems
PO Box 198, Invercargill
81 Marama Avenue South, 9RD Invercargill
Phone (03) 213 1243
Fax (03) 213 1248
Mobile (021) 354 930
<http://www.kowhaiprogramming.com/>