Related Record Count Syntax Please

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Wed Dec 22 12:10:20 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

There was a field named mPersonPtr. I've changed it to PersonPtr and
dropped the preceeding "m" from all the other fields in the boTask data
file. Modified the rest of the code in the TestApp to reflect the
change.

Re-ran the application and TestAddRecords. Still getting the 616 error.
Looking at the database with Valentina Carbon, I see the to BaseObject
files; Person and Task. Data seems fine. Relationship is properly
established, according to V-Carbon.

I thought it could be the SQL query is poorly crafted? I've tried a
number of variations on that idea, but no joy.

Therefore, it seems to be something to do with the call setting the
tCursor. I've tried a number of variations on the theme, to no avail.
Would it make a difference if the call, tCusor =
mDataBase.SQLSelect(Whatever), is looking for data in the child
database? mDataBase works for the parent file. Does looking the child
make any difference? I had tried removing the word "Person," from the
SQL search language, but again no luck.

Regards,

Chuck