Related Record Count Syntax Please

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Tue Dec 21 10:40:55 CST 2004

Morning Ruslan,

On Dec 18, 2004, at 3:10 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> [1] It sounds like I have to delve into SQL, for the time being, to
>> get
>> the count of related records.
>
> Just you can do this in a little simple way.
> Let you have some record in T1. You know its RecID.
>
> So you can do SQL quyry
>
>   curs = SELECT RecID FRON T2 WHERE Ptr = recid
>   res = curs.RecordCont

Pursuing this activity I added three lines of code to Window 1's
PopulatePanes() method.

dim tCursor as integer

currRecID = mDataBase.mPerson.GetRecID() // get record ID for the
current parent record

tCursor = SELECT * FROM Person, Task WHERE mPersonPtr = currRecID //
mPersonPtr is the field in the boTask that holds the pointer to the
related parent record in boPerson.

I'm getting a syntax error on the last line.

* Syntax error in Window1.PopulatePanes, line 24:
tCursor = SELECT * FROM Person, Task WHERE mPersonPtr = currRecID

So what is wrong with this?

Thanks,

Chuck